Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I now have a mine at my place


It's a bitcoin mine and it has already made 5c -- using 50c worth of electricity.

Joe was thinking of setting up his own bitcoin mine but it would have taken some research.  Help however was at hand.  His good friend B.. was up from Sydney for a week's visit. Joe is a valued software engineer but B.. is an absolute computer guru.  So for the last few days my place has hosted two very happy people -- running around getting in the hardware and software needed for the enterprise.  I wonder how many people realize how satisfying computer programming can be?  For those who can do it, it is one of life's great satisfactions.

Computer nerds are supposed to be withdrawn and antisocial but B.. is very chatty and full of laughs.  He is however very mentally sharp and thinks at a high level of generality. He joined Joe and me both at our regular Sunday morning brunch and also at our regular Monday trip to Nando's.  And he livened both of us up.  Joe and I talk to one-another so frequently that it is a wonder that we still find things to talk about.  Mr Trump is a great help there. He is always doing something amusing that invites discussion.  But anyway I talked a lot to B.. -- and listened -- and it was very interesting.  No wonder Joe enjoys his company so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment