Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mystery object



When I was browsing in our local Japanese shop today, I noticed in their stock something that I did not understand at all.  It was a solid chromium steel bar, about a foot long and a quarter of an inch square.  I asked the sales clerk what it was but all I could elicit was that it had something to do with calligraphy.  So I bought it anyway.  The brand name on the packet said BUNGU and that does have something to do  with Japanese office supplies, I gather.  All the other writing was in Japanese however so what the object is I still do not know. I am hoping that someone will tell me what the characters in the pic below say.  The pic is of the packet that the bar came in.



Mystery solved. It is a Japanese calligraphy paperweight

No comments:

Post a Comment