Friday, July 4, 2014

Ikea


Joe and I had a very amusing expedition to Ikea.  Joe needed a bookcase for his new quarters at my place so to Ikea we went.  And the one at Logan in ENORMOUS.  It sort of never ends.  I am convinced that without staff to call on for guidance you could die there through never being able to find your way out.

Anyway, we found the bookcases but then we had to find the way out. Joe had some ideas but we walked and walked until we found someone who gave us directions.  That happened about 3 times.  Eventually I buttonholed one of their employees and got him to guide us all the way to the checkouts.

Then we had to find the car.  Joe kindly let me sit down while he went and found it but I was ecstatic when we finally drove out of the place.

A very small thing that happened was interesting.  I have never been one to sweat the small things.  I in fact ignore small things by and large.  And it seems Joe is the same.  At one stage during our hopeless wanderings we were passing some laundry baskets  and Joe picked one up and took it with him.  He didn't say:  "I need a laundry basket", nor did I say:  "Do you need a laundry basket?"    In fact neither of us said one word about it and we still haven't!  I was proud of my boy!  I gave my credit card to buy it at the checkout but even then neither of us mentioned anything about it! Rather mad I suppose but it made sense to me.

Perhaps I should mention that when we arrived at about 6pm, we immediately queued up for one of their excellent suppers.  The Swedish meatballs plus mashed potatoes plus Lingon sylt (jam) were brilliant as usual.  I normally dislike mashed potatoes but the way Ikea did them I really enjoyed.  Mr Kamprad (owner of Ikea) is a clever cookie.  He gives you the food you need to fortify you for your expedition around his store.


Those yummy meatballs


No comments:

Post a Comment